Band: Nick Lowe
Album: 1982 - 1990 Catalog Reissues
VÖ: 14.07.2017; 26.08.2017; 20.10.2017
Label: Yep Roc / H'Art
On July 14, Yep Roc will reissue six classic yet long unavailable Nick Lowe albums, fulfilling a longstanding goal of bringing the entire catalog of one of its flagship artists back into print and available on one label. The albums – Nick the Knife, The Abominable Showman, Nick Lowe and His Cowboy Outfit, The Rose of England, Pinker and Prouder Than Previous, and Party of One - span the years 1982 thru 1990, and represent a crucial bridge from Lowe’s trailblazing 1970s work to the “remarkable second wind” (New York Times) and widespread critical acclaim that have characterized his more recent releases.
All six albums will be released digitally for the first time ever on July 14, with CD and vinyl reissues for the first two titles Nick the Knife and The Abominable Showman arriving on that date as well. CD/vinyl reissues for Nick Lowe and His Cowboy Outfit and The Rose of England will be released on August 25, followed by Pinker and Prouder Than Previous and Party of One on October 20.
Highlights and special guests abound on these six albums, with many enduring mainstays of Lowe’s live show such as "Raging Eyes," "Half a Boy and Half a Man," "All Men are Liars" and "What's Shakin on the Hill" originating in this period. Every member of Lowe’s former band Rockpile (Billy Bremner, Dave Edmunds and Terry Williams) and his future group Little Village (Ry Cooder, John Hiatt and Jim Keltner) collaborated with Lowe during this period, as did Elvis Costello, Huey Lewis, Paul Carrack, Carlene Carter and many others. With demos, outtakes, live recordings and alternate art added to these reissues, as well as exclusive merchandise available through Yep Roc’s online store (including the lunch box pictured above), the label shines a fascinating light on a chapter of Lowe’s career that is ripe for rediscovery.
In other news, Nick Lowe will be honored with the Independent Icon Award at this year’s A2IM Libera Awards on June 8 in NYC. He’ll mark the occasion with a short run of area solo shows, including three already-sold-out nights at City Winery New York on June 9, 10 and 11.
● Three physical street dates for three pairs of records:
○ Nick the Knife and The Abominable Showman - July 14, 2017
○ Nick Lowe and His Cowboy Outfit and The Rose of England - August 25, 2017
○ Pinker and Prouder Than Previous and Party of One - October 20, 2017
● FIRST TIME any of these releases will be available digitally
● ONE RELEASE DATE for all six albums at DSPs: July 14, 2017
● Nick the Knife, The Abominable Showman, Cowboy Outfit, and Party of One will come with a bonus 45 with the LP (bonus tracks for the CD)
○ Bonus material will not be made available digitally upon initial release